tiptoes

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

i'm back!

Fireworks!

Haha i'm back..wow steph is the most fickle girl ever..Tsk.

I really didn't expect my friends to feel sad about my blog 'closing', and i was even more surprised to learn there were more people reading my blog than i knew. What made me decide to blog again was my mum..She came into my room one night and said she was sad i had stopped blogging..Guess that's the channel where she learns most about my life..No secrets from mummy there!;>

Anyz whatever lah..i just decided to blog again!

I saw FIREWORKS today! They're beautiful!! Really wished they could last forever.. i still remember when my wonderful dad booked a suite at ritz carlton for my sister's birthday a couple of years back, so we could be just inches away from the fireworks in the sky. The fireworks were so huge & beeeaaauuutiful & so close to us i felt i could just reach out and touch them! hey lina..wish you were here to see the fireworks..i can imagine you gushing in awe! but i'm sure HK has great fireworks too!=)

'I do love fireworks, and I have missed them before, and I can't miss them again-oh, that would be horrible!' ---Gisele Bundchen

Btw, Happy birthday Singapore!

Oh yes! Before i forget..Angela is here! Yay! My lovely cousin from NZ! i've got more company!!=) My parents & i have been bringing her & my uncle out to eat quite alot lately...

Anyz here's a quick review of chow places!

Thai restaurant in taka..called Sabai..the food was not bad..anyz, u can't go wrong with thai cuisine!:)


Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs Soup (Morning) Eating House

This famous bak kut teh store at rangoon road was given even more publicity after it turned away the Chief Executive of HKSAR. You see, the owners are serious about the 'Morning' in their stall name. They mean it when they close by 2pm, and will not budge even if it's the Chief executive of HKSAR. Woah..talk about attitude. We just had to try their BKT.

I thought it was pretty good..liked the strong taste of garlic, black pepper & cloves in the soup..but my dad was adamant that it paled in comparison to those in JB (Yup M'sia is known to serve the best BKT around) I have to admit, though, i was a little disappointed the pork ribs were not more tender..instead they were tough & dry..probably from the lumbar region, rather than the ribs.

But their deep fried you tiao & innards were definitely up to standard! All in all, i had a satisfying lunch.. The only bad part was the wait...You wait to get a table (we almost walked off immediately when we saw the crowd--every table had someone else waiting in line! And we were early for lunch--11am!). Then you wait to have the table cleaned; wait to be served tea; wait to have your order taken...The only part you don't have to wait is when you call for the bill. It'll be on your table before you can even say 'Mai dan!'

how quaint..boiling water in a kettle over a charcoal stove.

teapot & packet of tea..gong fu cha washes down the meal well.

Haha we still managed to clean out the dishes!

Yamagawa Japanese restaurant @ The Concourse

They have fab fab fab jap food!The great chef gary was the chef at my 21st birthday party..prepared all the fantastic jap food.

Er..sorry no pics of food..when it comes to jap food, i like it tooo much to remember to take photos before i dig in! Of course i had my unagi! (only bothered to take a pic of the sake..cos i don't really drink it) hah.

Garlic restaurant @ The Esplanade

'Love it or hate it, the garlic can transform a humble dish into a gastronomic delight with its flavour and fragrance. Aromatic and almost bitter, it becomes delicate and sweet when cooked...

'...Garlic has always been more than just a flavouring. In fact, it is also one of nature's most versatile medicinal plant. It has long been regarded as a natural antibiotic to fight bacteria and as an immune system stimulant. Garlic is commonly used to treat wounds, infections, tumours, intestinal parasites and digestive infections.' Hmmmm..guess there should be some truth to it??

To garlic lovers, do try this place! Esp the garlic fried rice & garlic ice cream! Eeew..despite me loving both garlic AND ice cream..the combination was just plain wierd. Like Angela commented..'Tasted too much like ice cream & too much like garlic.' Imagine chopped raw garlic in vanilla ice cream. We weren't quite sure what to make of it.

And to garlic-haters, don't even bother.

Thanks Woon jie for the treat. Thanks Kim Gor for the entertainment ;-)