tiptoes

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

dr talk

Wow CGH Ortho is pretty xiong... I've never worked so hard in a long time! The tutors all seem really strict with high expectations at first..But so far they've all turned out to be really helpful & enthusiastic teachers! They seem genuinely concerned to help us do well, drilling us during tutorials and all.. It's stressful..but i guess they have our best interests at heart! (i hope.)

Anyz no time to upload nice photos of jc class girls gathering..will do it come weekend! sorry for the delay girls..but it was totally awesome catching up with you guys..And what chen mei said is true..Everyone looks even better than they did in jc! No wonder mervyn popped by & sat at our table for so long..Hahaha..jz kiddin!

Heh it was kinda funny..After ward rounds emily & i joined our team for 'breakfast' at the canteen. S__ (the only HO in the team currently) was looking dismally at his list of 33 patients and swearing under his breath...

HO: If they add any more patients to my list tonight, i'm going to jump from the 6th floor. (The team was 'on take' that night, and the 6th floor is where some of the main ortho wards are)

MO (looking equally tired/jaded): If you do so, just make sure you don't do it when i'm call.

HO: Wah lau, you just don't want to catheterize me.

MO: I think that was the last thing on my mind.


Okok, i was really amused by the conversation and couldn't help sniggering..I caught emily's eye and could tell she was equally amused!

I mean, it'll be a sad day when i get so overworked that my response to a friend who expresses his/her suicidal thoughts to me is 'Just don't do it when i'm on call.'

Haha hope that doesn't happen to any of us! Remember psychomed hor..must assess suicide risk,blah blah blah..

Anyway i hope the HO is ok..I took a look at the team's list this morning..at least 40 patients on the list!!!