tiptoes

Friday, June 23, 2006

family feasts

Family foodies!

The past couple of days my family have been eating really well! Just glad we're spending quality family time together before my school starts and my sis leaves for HK next week..

Patara Thai restaurant @ Tanglin Mall
We love thai food especially my dad..It's got all the nice spices as ingredients, it's not too oily, it's not too bland, it tastes great!

Min Jiang @ One Rochester

I guess 'One Rochester' is on everyone's lips as the latest chic hang out place to chill, eat, drink... Well we wanted to try Min Jiang and see if it was as good as the one at Goodwood..I was really looking forward to their famous peking duck..but it was just ok, not fantastic. But their desserts were good..especially the black glutinous rice with ice cream & the mango pomelo sago with ice cream!

The ambience was really cool though..Chinese food in a colonial style bungalow. The lighting was warm and gave everything a nice glow. We sat at the main hall, with a great view of the al fresco dining area, but safe from the mosquitoes!

The other restaurants which were just a walking distance from Min Jiang looked really alluring too..I definitely want to go back to try them!=)


Music Dreamer's Cafe @ Marina Square

Yen, Lina and I went to Music dreamer's cafe to support Woon jie & her 2 friends in their performance. The singing and music was great..though I'm not an expert in Chinese songs, their voices were so nice I couldn't help enjoying the ballads! And Woon jie, I think your voice and piano playing is really good lehz! I really admire people who can sing & play the piano simultaneously..I always go off key whenever i tried in the past..haha=)