tiptoes

Friday, September 01, 2006

Doctor in the house

Who me? Nah...i'm the great big klutz. i have this habit of jogging at night..not really a good idea. Especially when one's a clumsy accident-prone girl like me (knocking my head against open locker doors has become a daily routine--my cg members will know what i mean). And especially when it's dark. The chance of tripping over a rock in the middle of the road is pretty high, and the chance of grazing oneself when sprawled unglamourously on a cement road is 100%.

sigh..so instead of jogging home in my usual endorphin-high state, i was limping home pathetically..and whimpered to daddy & mummy 'i fell down..'

so while i whimpered through a painful shower, and tried to swab my wounds with alcohol without screaming, my parents rushed out to buy some 'first aid stuff'.

And my dad proved to be one of the best emergency doctor-cum wound care nurse i had ever encountered. He seemed to know what he was doing, gently taking the lodged cement specks in my wounds, spraying with antiseptic, applying betadine ointment, covering neatly with paraffin gauze and tagaderm..Whoa..impressive!

Thank you daddy & mummy..you know best!=)