tiptoes

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Boston here I come!

The past few days i have been languishing around, feeling moody and hypothyroid (lethargic, slow mentation..i think we all know that lousy feeling).

But today i woke up and felt totally awake and energised! Finally snapped out of the dumpy blues! Yes!! Maybe it's cos the fact that I'll be leaving for Boston tonight has finally sunk in=)

And my bags are more or less packed..last night my parents had to help me with major repacking of my stuff to a bigger suitcase..haha..pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, clock, shoes, lots of clothes, a few heavy heavy books, thermos flask..all stuffed into a big blue luggage--30kg! Haven't packed all my toiletries (you won't believe how much i have!! they'll probably require another mini hand carry luggage of their own..haha)


But it feels so surreal..can't believe i'm leaving tonight! And knowing how GREAT i am at directions, i think i'm gonna have an adventure finding my way around Boston by myself! Hahaha..CAN'T wait!

I better start reading up on my general surgery though..heard the americans love asking questions, so each OT session is like a viva that lasts a few hours long..and I'm in a team that does lots of Whipples..Oh man, someone please save me! That's like how many hours (6 hrs at the very least!!) of standing, holding retractors and trying to answer questions of the pancreas, duodenum, biliary system...So better start reading...

i wish that was me studying..but i was actually diligently reading the menu at Lei Garden..Went there for lunch with my dad last sunday..their cantonese dim sum rocks!! Go try it!