tiptoes

Sunday, October 29, 2006

daily delights

Sigh..tmr will be the start of the last week of SIP..feeling kinda sad liaoz..yeah i know i'm a mad girl, but perhaps my experience in ttsh has just been really nice and it's just sad to see it all end.

Today was the last day for my MO..after which she changes posting. I really don't expect praises or outright appreciation for my work, but i was very touched when she came up to me and said thanks and that i should consider internal medicine. That simple comment really made my day (even if my interests may lie elsewhere)..Esp since she's someone i admire too!

Other little delights..(yes, life is great if you tell yourself it is)..

-Ice kachang by the pool..even better after a yummy lunch and post call (don't you feel soo dehydrated during calls? hardly have time to drink water/pee) Thanks dear for the treat! i think tanglin club has the best & most refreshing ice kachang around!

-Wonderful treats by our lovely generous registrar dr ranjana! SHe's the best! Always treating us to morning drinks at kopitiam/starbucks..and a pricey delicious lunch at House of Hunan in Novena Square.. The food was great..from the chilled soya chicken to the steamed soon hock with diced pickled chilli. We returned to the wards full but happy!

-Great shows like 'Little Miss Sunshine'. Chock full of laughs, kick-ass action, touching scenes which made me sniffle & tear (to the extent i wish i wore waterproof eye makeup) It's one of those films which make you want to stand up for the oddballs and say "F*** YOU' to the common/popular crowd. One of my fav characters is the eccentric brother Dwayne..

'Do what you love. Fuck everything else.' --Dwayne

-A little feast at Crystal Jade, Paragon with parents and Angela..